Achieve Your Business Goals. Take Small Steps.
I just read a post by a man who lost 200 pounds, down from 400. He said he did it pound by pound. He didn’t start out by thinking about the endless slog facing him. He just concentrated on one pound. Every day. Just one pound. It got me thinking about my clients who get overwhelmed when faced with reaching their business goals. Make it easy on yourself by breaking it down into small steps.
Small Goal, Big Impact: Brand Update
An easy way to build any business is to update your brand. This small step can make a huge difference by allowing you to attract new customers by dressing for success.
Step 1: ?Update your Logo
Consumers have an almost immediate negative reaction to outdated logos. Nothing will bump you out of the running faster than dated colors and images.
Step 2: ?Redesign your Website
Clean designs have the most longevity. No one gets the back button faster than cluttered websites that are hard to navigate.
Step 3: ?Maintain Consistency Online
Once you have a new look, spread your updated branding to your social media pages. You don’t want to give one impression on your website and other on your Facebook page.
Small Steps, Long Term Goals: Improve Reach
After you see how much you can accomplish with small steps, you can move on to bigger concerns. You’re probably interested in increasing your profits. For most businesses, that means you need to improve your reach.
Step 1: ?Analyze Yourself & Competition
- Analyze your website traffic to see who you’re reaching.
- Study your competition to see who is doing what better.
- Produce an optimization plan to maximize your existing audience and capture new customers.
Step 2: ?Strategize with Content Development
- Develop a strategic content plan to improve your online reach.
- Schedule the release of your content and stick to your publishing calendar.
- Create a notebook of ideas and hire a ghostwriter or editor if you can’t keep up.
Step 3: ?Socialize Online
- Join social media groups used by your target audience (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram).
- Establish online groups for other professionals or prospective customers (LinkedIn, Google+).
- Connect, Reach out, share advice, make friends, host chats, and make videos.
Small Steps Achieve Big Goals
If you start small and break it down into daily tasks, a year from now—with a new brand, more of the market share, and a solid social media presence—you can see how these small steps have transformed your business, your status in your industry, and your bottom line. Of course, the easiest way to do all of these things only takes one step, hire a professional.